Call for Applications: ENRICH in the USA Match&Pitch @ CES
Call for Applications
ENRICH in the USA Match&Pitch @ CES
January 06 – 11, 2019
A pilot service offered by ENRICH in the USA.
Call opened: October 08, 2018 | Call closes: December 17th, 2018 – 23h59 CET
- Services offered in this specific call
In partnership with the co-organizers of the Euro Tech Week and Enterprise Europe Network (EEN), ENRICH in the USA is launching a call for European early-stage entrepreneurs and researchers looking for partnering and investment opportunities in the US for their ICT, IoT & Wireless Industry Focus, and related “Convergence” innovations.
The selected innovators will have the opportunity to present their prototypes and/or V1 to selected potential US partners during ENRICH in the USA Match&Pitch @ CES 2019. More precisely, you will be matched with partners, buyers, channels and investors during the co-organized EEN matchmaking event (hyperlink: https://www.matchfestces.tech). and introduced to early-stage focused investors during the co-organized Silicon valley Funding Summit pitching session (hyperlink: https://www.svfundingsummit.com).
You will also receive complimentary CES Exhibits Plus Passes, which provides access to all CES exhibits, Super Sessions, Keynote addresses and select conference sessions, in addition to an invitation to the US Department of Commerce International Reception, access to private business centres, and other exclusive benefits. Top applicants will be eligible to receive a travel stipend to reimburse part of their expenses.
- Aim and objectives:
ENRICH in the USA Match&Pitch @ CES gives you the opportunity to:
- Meet US corporate partners and investors, for a low cost risk-controlled US market discovery process.
- Meet resellers, integrators, manufacturers’ reps and channels, for feedback and a middle/long term relationship.
- Pitch to individual investors that could become your active partners in the US..
- Discuss tech transfer and licensing opportunities with US corporate partners.
- Discover more mature technologies/end-products from large US manufacturers.
Expected outcomes and impact:
Average per participant
- ≥7 meetings/discussions with potential partners
- ≥4 meetings/discussions with investors
- ≥3 Follow up calls/meetings that same week/month for expression/validation of interest
- ≥3 next meetings in the next twelve months
- ≥1 deal with US/international prospected targets met at ENRICH in the USA Match and Pitch events and/or at CES - in the next 24 months.
- Target Group of this Call
We are looking for:
- Startup founders, mainly early stage (including university spin-offs) looking for market opportunities and funding for their innovation
- Researchers looking for market opportunities and funding for their R&D project (pre-startup stage).
- Eligibility Criteria
In order to qualify for the provided services, applicants have to meet the following requirements:
- If an individual, applicant must be a tax payer in an EU MS/AC AND/OR be an EU MS/AC passport holder
- If incorporated, applicant must pay taxes in an EU MS/AC AND/OR have as the majority of shareholders EU MS/AC passport holder
- Be able to demonstrate a working prototype or V1
- Have registered Intellectual Property or are registering IPs
- Read, understand and speak English
- Be industry focused in ICT and/or ICT convergence
- Funding Principle
This call will fund the cost of the entire program for 10 participants and offer traveling stipend to the top applications from 700 to 1,400 EUR.
This call will fund partially the cost of the program for 10 additional participants. The subsidized price per participants will be 700 EUR.
If the ENRICH in the USA selection criteria are met, 10 additional innovators can be accepted at the 15% discounted price of 1400 EUR.
- Submission Procedure
All applicants must register at the electronic submission tool F6S under https://www.f6s.com/matchpitchces/apply
This is a rolling submission process; applications will be processed as received. Selections are on a first come, first serve basis.
It is highly advised that applicants apply the earliest possible. For more detail about the agenda, submission procedure, evaluation criteria, scoring evaluation rubrics - please download the FILE HERE.
|October 08, 2018||Online application - rolling submission process|
|December 17, 2018|
(at 23h59 CET)
|Rolling submission closes|
|October 15, 2018 - January 6, 2019||Registration on the matchmaking platform|
|November 01, 2018 - January 7, 2019||Send and accept meetings|
|January 01 - 05, 2019||Preliminary meeting schedules by email|
|January 06, 2019||Welcome, training and pick up updated schedule at the orientation desk|
|January 07, 2019||ENRICH in the USA Pitch event|
|January 08 - 11, 2019||ENRICH in the USA Match event|
For questions regarding the Match&Pitch @ CES event, please contact:
Files to be used for the application
ENRICH in the USA Application - Match&Pitch Details
 See http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/grants_manual/hi/3cpart/h2020-hi-list-ac_en.pdfAs of 01 January 2017, the following countries are associated to Horizon 2020: Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Israel, Moldova, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Ukraine, Tunisia, Georgia, Armenia.