ENRICH in Brazil, China and the USA Roundtable Workshop
ENRICH in Brazil, China and the USA are inviting you to a joint Roundtable Workshop to meet the three initiatives, exchange views and identify possible joint actions. The Workshop targets especially participants from EU Member States that are less well represented in Brazil, China and the USA.
Aim and Concept:
This workshop aims to address the needs of Research and Innovation (R&I) stakeholders from EU Member States and H2020 Associated Countries (MS/AC) interested in programmes for facilitating internationalisation towards the three countries USA, China and Brazil.
ENRICH Centres will give more details about their service portfolios to support R&I actors in EU MS/AC for internationalisation.
During the workshop the ENRICH Centres are looking to identify:
- Needs of R&I stakeholders for internationalisation
- Gaps that ENRICH could fill
- National grants/programmes to leverage with services offered by ENRICH
- Potential cooperation actions
30 Participants will be invited to join to three different tables. Each Table will be hosted by an ENRICH representative to facilitate the discussions. Each table targets a different group of stakeholders: (1) Political Stakeholders and Multipliers (including representatives from Governments, Embassies, Associations etc.), (2) Research and Innovation Stakeholders as well as (3) Business Stakeholders
The three European Networks for Research and Innovation Centres and Hubs in Brazil, China and the USA have been launched beginning of 2017. Their aims are to:
- enhance the prestige & visibility of European research & innovation (R&I) actors in the three target countries
- create a network of hubs across Brazil, China and the US for European R&I organisations to double as a "home away from home"
- provide tailormade services to foster the above, through physical hubs of interaction, so European R&I actors can internationalize successfully
- especially ensure R&I actors from the small or under-represented nations of the European Union have the same opportunities as those from larger nations
Several EU countries offer already services for internationalisation towards Brazil, China and the USA, ranging from one-on-one mentorship, seminars, to networking/connecting opportunities. Above all, few of the existing initiatives try to synergise these support services under one European flag representing obvious common interest for a wider European community in the three target countries. Moreover, some countries do not have any or only small support available for their research and innovation communities for internationalisation towards Brazil, China and the USA. These are mostly Eastern European and Baltic countries such as Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia.
The workshop targets the following three groups for roundtable discussion from EU MS/AC which have low representation and programmes available for facilitating internationalisation towards the three countries USA, China and Brazil: (1) Political Stakeholders and Multipliers (including representatives from Governments, Embassies, Associations etc.), (2) Research and Innovation Stakeholders as well as (3) Business Stakeholders.
The three initiatives have developed a comprehensive and flexible service portfolio, which will be presented. The workshop seeks to identify your needs and existing programmes and grants for internationalisation to match and/or leverage with this ENRICH service portfolio and undertake joint actions in providing those. We expect the following outcomes of the workshop:
- ≥ 5 meetings/discussions with potential ENRICH partners for joint actions
- ≥ 5 contacts made that enable potential future clients to make an initial approach to ENRICH
- ≥ 5 actors are provided with necessary information on ENRICH to act as a multiplier, and raise the awareness of the services to European researchers and companies
Agenda and Timing:
|14:00 – 14:15||Welcome by the Host and Introduction to ENRICH|
Robert Sanders, Head of European projects, EBN
|14:15 – 14:30||Tour de Table,|
|14:30 – 15:30||Roundtable Session #1|
|Roundtable Session #2|
|Roundtable Session #3|
|15:40 – 16:00||Wrap-Up and Conclusions|
|16:00 – 16:45||Targeted Discussions with ENRICH Centres (Brazil, China and the USA)|