ENRICH in BRAZIL Innovation Challenge: Call for Solutions is Open!
ENRICH in Brazil is calling European Solution Providers to propose their COVID-19 related solutions in the areas of Digitalization, Tourism, Health, and Sustainable Development!
For all questions related to the challenges and the submission of solutions, an online seminar will take place on the 3rd September 2020, 14.30 CET. Participation is free of charge, but registration is required: https://bit.ly/31RydHT
For the following three challenges, solutions are welcome to submit. For each solution a prize for the solution and its support for implementation is foreseen. Please check the prize information in each challenge seperatly.
CHALLENGE 1: NATURE TOURISM & DIGITALISATION
Transformation of the nature-based tourism experiences of Bonito, Brazil into a virtual experience, with the objective of both making exclusive nature experiences accessible to citizens around the world and guaranteeing an income for locals engaged in looking after the infrastructure and working to protect local biodiversity.
CHALLENGE 2: HEALTH & DIGITALISATION
Development of a decision support information system for bed and discharge management using telehealth and data science tools. Th system shall be able to provide an analysis of suspected and confirmed cases of COVID-19 in a public federal university hospital linked to the UFPR (Federal University of Parana).
CHALLENGE 3: SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT & DIGITALISATION
Development and provision of an online tool and business model behind in order to help family farmers through the implementation of a digital platform, to commercialize and deliver family farming products. The tool needs to be applied in two states in Brazil with similar conditions: Mato Grosso do Sul (MS) and Rio Grande do Norte (RN). Minor adjustments to their specific markets will be requested from the solution provider.
Deadline for all challenges and to submit a suitable solution is 15 September 2020.
Who can apply
- The solution owner or any of its consortium partners cannot be related to ENRICH in Brazil, e.g., as Associate or to the CEBRABIC partners;
- The solution owner needs to be a legal entity registered in at least one European Union member state or associated country. It can be a for profit or non-profit company, a non-governmental organization or a governmental organization. International organizations are not eligible.
- Missing competencies by a solution provider can be complemented by jointly applying in a consortium. This will be considered as one solution and only one prize will be made available for the consortium. In this case, a signed consortium agreement, which explains the rights and obligations amongst partners must be submitted together with the solution proposal. It should also include information about the prize payment to the consortium partners.
- The solution proposed to the challenge needs to be ‘ready-to-use’. Solutions on an idea stage will not be accepted One company/organization or consortium can only apply for one challenge.
Criteria for selection
- Suitability & appropriateness
- Unique Selling Proposition
- Market Barriers
For more information, please read the ENRICH in Brazil Call Guidelines.