Pre-Announcement: East Coast Innovation Tour
ENRICH in USA is launching its first East Coast Innovation Tour as vehicle for commercializing promising EU research and technologies. This call is open to early stage entrepreneurs, researchers, research organizations and clusters based in the EU Member States or Horizon 2020 Associated Countries, looking for market information, partners, investment opportunities and feedbacks for their life science innovations, special focus on innovations in cancer research, diagnostics and treatments, and drug discovery.
During this Innovation tour, 10 EU R&I actors that are in the process of commercializing innovative EU research through new business ventures will be introduced to university innovation centers, accelerators, investors, and the overall R&I ecosystem located across US North East cities. The tour includes guidance to the EU participants on the US business climate, visa/immigration support and potential introductions to customers/partners.
This call will fund 10 participants for the US East Coast Innovation Tour mid-June 2018.
The costs for the venues, guest speakers, local transportation and lunches are covered via grants provided by ENRICH in the USA to selected participants.
Participants will however have to cover the costs for flights to and from the United States, their hotel accommodations, meals (except lunches) as well as other costs not mentioned above (e.g. ESTA/VISA application costs, health insurance, etc.).
ENRICH in the USA is looking for individual research actors fromEU Member States or Associated Countries (EU MS/AC) who are highly interested in exploring the US market as middle to long-term vehicle for commercializing promising EU research:
- Early stage start-up founders spun out of universities or research labs or licensing related technologies
- Researchers looking for market opportunities and funding for their R&D project
- Representatives of a research organization looking for market opportunities for a specific portfolio of R&D projects
- Representatives of research ecosystems looking for market opportunities for a specific portfolio of R&D projects; including cluster managers, research lab managers, tech transfer office managers, etc.
In order to qualify for the provided service, applicants have to meet the following requirements:
- If an individual, applicant must be a tax payer in an EU MS/AC AND/OR be an EU MS/AC passport holder
- If incorporated, applicant must pay taxes in an EU MS/AC AND/OR have as the majority of shareholders EU MS/AC passport holders
- Be able to communicate (read and speak) in English;